Resources & Guidance
- FY 2020 RESEA State Plan Plain Language Tool: This tool supports states in completing and updating the evidence-based standards and evaluation requirements (elements 28a-28d) of their FY 2020 RESEA state plan.
- RESEA Evaluation Resource List: This list of websites, studies, and tools might help RESEA program administrators and staff understand, use, produce evidence about their interventions.
- TEGL 06-19 and UIPL 01-20: Expectations for States Implementing the RESEA Program Requirements for Conducting Evaluations and Building Program Evidence.
- RESEA: Overview of Evaluation and Evidence Requirements: This webinar's an overview of guidance and expectations regarding implementation of the RESEA Program's evaluation and evidence requirements.
- RESEA Evaluation Toolkit: This toolkit provides a basic overview of evaluation elements for program management purposes. It also provides information about other generally accepted and available evaluation resources that may be useful for state RESEA programs.
- CLEAR Casual Evidence Ratings Plain Language Tool: This tool supports states in their understanding and use of the Department’s Clearinghouse for Labor Evaluation and Research (CLEAR) to inform RESEA program design.
- RESEA Evaluations FAQs: This tool contains responses to frequently asked evaluation related questions of a technical nature.
- Sample Evaluation Requests for Proposals (RFPs): This page provides an inventory of state RFPs that were used to help identify and select evaluators to support RESEA evidence-based requirements. ETA was not involved in the development of these RFPs and is providing this inventory as a peer sharing resource.
Webinars & Webcasts
Below is a partial list of recent webinars and webcasts, a full list webinars and related technical assistance is available in the “RESEA Evaluation Resource List”
- Evaluating RESEA: How Does it Help My State and Where Do We Start
- What Evaluation Designs are Right for My State
- What Evaluation Details Do I Need for a Plan and How Long will it Take
- Procuring and Selecting an Independent Evaluator
- Assessing Data for Evaluation
- De-Mystifying Random Assignment
- Evaluations Using Your Existing Administrative Data: Quasi-Experimental Designs
- Implementation Studies
- Findings from the REA Impact Study and Implications for State RESEA Evaluations