Resources & Guidance
- FY 2020 RESEA State Plan Plain Language Tool. This tool supports states in completing and updating the evidence-based standards and evaluation requirements (elements 28a-28d) of their FY 2020 RESEA state plan.
- RESEA Evaluation Resource List. This list of websites, studies, and tools might help RESEA program administrators and staff understand, use, produce evidence about their interventions.
- TEGL 06-19 and UIPL 01-20: Expectations for States Implementing the RESEA Program Requirements for Conducting Evaluations and Building Program Evidence.
- RESEA: Overview of Evaluation and Evidence Requirements. This webinar's an overview of guidance and expectations regarding implementation of the RESEA Program's evaluation and evidence requirements.
Webinars & Webcasts
- Evaluating RESEA: How Does it Help My State and Where Do We Start? This webinar identifies learning goals and uses evaluation and evidence as an ongoing program improvement process for RESEA programs.
- What Evaluation Designs are Right for My State? This webinar presents what states can expect to learn from different types of evaluations, shares practical tips for conducting each type of evaluation.
- What Evaluation Details Do I Need for a Plan and How Long will it Take? This webinar prepares states to plan evaluation activities from start to finish. Attendees explore common activities at each stage of the evaluation.
- Procuring and Selecting an Independent Evaluator. This webinar provides an overview of procurement activities and elements to support states in selecting qualified, independent evaluators to conduct high quality evaluations.
- Assessing Data for Evaluation. This webcast discusses assessing and using data for RESEA evaluation.
- De-Mystifying Random Assignment. This webcast discusses key issues of random assignment evaluation.
- Evaluations Using Your Existing Administrative Data: Quasi-Experimental Designs. This webcast explores QEDs as impact evaluation, describes the use of administrative data to evaluate RESEA programs.
- Implementation Studies. This webcast describes the value of implementation studies, how to use them to gain deeper insights into how your program is operating, how they can support impact evaluation and program improvement.
- Findings from the REA Impact Study and Implications for State RESEA Evaluations